2. The holiday party was at Turf Valley . . .
3. . . . Which has really good food.
4. And there was an open bar.
5. Even though I've not yet worked for them a month, I got a Christmas bonus to the tune of $125 in American Express Gift Cheques.
6. The President of the company and his SVP each individually told me how glad they are I came to work with them.
7. After the party, everyone got the rest of the day off, even though that meant that they were paying extra money for the temp at my desk.
On top of all that, one guy I talked to has his degree in Philosophy, World Religion, and Political Science. I had a geeky conversation with someone else about online translation and vocabulary tools. Someone else noticed my Phi Beta Kappa key, was incredibly impressed, and told everyone nearby that I was the smartest person in the room and that they were incredibly lucky to have hired me. Lots of people are impressed by my New Zealand experience and want to talk to me about it. I got to take home the centerpiece from the middle of one of the tables.
And the President led the room in carols . . . AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY SANG AND ENJOYED THEMSELVES.
I may not think much of the Receptionist occupation, but if I'm gonna do it, I think I found the right place.