Indiana Joanna (khakipants) wrote,
Indiana Joanna

  • Mood:

Twocson: hangin' around

There is, no space in (gold).

Briefly last night I thought that it was Thursday. I was wrong, of course. That's always a blow, finding out that the weekend is more distant than you'd thought.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem like I could possibly have left Tucson all of 5 days ago! I guess that my perception of time is screwy.

Anyway, a day at work is a day at work, so rather than write about that, I shall just move straight on to:

Sunday July 6, 2003

Considering that we went to bed as the sun was rising, I think that getting up at 12:30 is pretty good. Which is precisely what we did. Woke up at 12:30pm, and walked over to Cafe Q, where I ate a breakfast sandwich and drank a gi-huge-ic iced coffee. And made a mess all over the table. (Not that this is unusual. You should have seen the table in the dining hall when I had visited the salad bar.) Laura had to go to work at 2:00, so I stayed at the house, writing and reading and listening to music and falling asleep on the floor and letting my hair do its funky air-drying thing after my shower.

Eventually, I headed over to Mariah's place, where I helped her to rearrange her furniture. As she was sorting through various of her belongings, determining what to keep and what to give away and what to discard, I put several decks of playing cards in order. This is something I do if my hands are not otherwise occupied and there is a deck of card in reach. It has the added benefit of determining whether the decks are missing any cards. I know that you're terribly interested.

After the rearranging and some cleaning and giving away a desk, Mariah and I went to Brooklyn (a pizza place). While waiting for our calzones, we read the classifieds in the Tuscon Weekly and attempted a wicked crossword. The calzones, when they arrived, were huge. We were each only able to eat a half, which meant that plentiful leftovers traveled home with us. Mine (pepperoni and black olives) went into the fridge to eat at a later time when Laura was away during dinner.

After dinner, I hung around the house some more, until Laura came back a little after 10:00. Then there was more hanging around the house, but this time with Laura! Also, she called a bunch of folks to invite them to the JoannaParty scheduled for Monday. Eventually, bed.

A quiet day. But pleasant. Part of what vacation is all about.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment